Good Morning and Welcome to my Atlantic Life😊
Well, here we are a new week is once again upon us (I remember my Mom saying the older she got the faster time flew by, and at the time I thought she was exaggerating.....hmmmm, now I know better!!).......and what better way to start the week, than with one of my favorite quotes from the Dalai Lama. I know I have posted this quote before, but it's one that I think we should think about often.
When I read this first thing in the morning, it reminds me of how truly fortunate I am to be alive, and how I should approach my day. When I start a new journal, I always write this quote on the first page, so I may see it every time I open my book.
“Every day, think as you wake up,
today I am fortunate to be alive,
I have a precious human life,
I am not going to waste it.
I am going to use all my energies to develop myself,
to expand my heart out to others;
to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings.
I am going to have kind thoughts towards others,
I am not going to get angry or think badly about others.
I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”
Some mornings, we wake up feeling happy, refreshed and ready to start the day....others, not so, in fact there are those days when you pull the pillow over your head, and just wish you could avoid your problems by staying in bed all day
....a precious night of restorative sleep alluded you or.....you just want to replay the day before, as you weren't working, and had such an awesome time - and of course this happens most often on Monday mornings 🛌
A simple practice like reading this quote, for me is a wonderful motivator to get my day started.....The fact that I'm alive and well enough to get out of my bed and begin my day, is more than enough motivation and should never, ever be underestimated 💕
So as you may have guessed, I'm not a Buddhist......but I do believe in following good advice, and this particular Dalai Lama - Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama, has some incredibly thoughtful and insightful philosophies. Here are just a few of my faves:
- “Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.”
- “Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before.”
- When we feel love and kindness towards others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it also helps us to develop inner happiness and peace.”
- “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others, and if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.”
- “People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.”
- “What surprises me most is “Man” because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he doesn’t enjoy the present; The result being he doesn’t live in the present or the future; He lives as if he’s never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived.”
- "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.”
- “Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.”
- “An open heart is an open mind.”
“We all have the power of thought—so what are you lacking? If you have willpower, then you can change anything.”
Until Next Time...
Take care, Stay Safe and....maybe take the time to think what is the best thought I can have when I wake up in the morning?
Love and Hugs,
If you would like to receive notifications directly to your in box, you can sign up on the homepage by clicking the button below.